In this lesson, you will learn about partial fraction decomposition.
- Recognize that complicated rational functions can be written as sums and/or differences of simpler rational functions.
- Perform partial fractions decomposition on complicated rational functions.
- Use the partial fractions decomposition to evaluate integrals of complicated rational functions.
View all of the following instructional videos. These will help you master the objectives for this module.
- YouTube video: Determining Coefficients for Partial Fractions (be careful of the calculation error that is notated in the video)
- YouTube videos: Partial Fraction Decomposition
- YouTube video: A complete Partial Fractions Problems
- YouTube videos: Partial Fraction Expansions
The following required readings cover the content for this module. As you go through each reading, pay close attention to the content that will help you learn the objectives for this module.
Make your way through each of the practice exercises. This is where you will take what you have learned from the lesson content and lesson readings and apply it by solving practice problems.
- Integration by Partial Fractions
- The Method of Integration by Partial Fractions(with 20 problems and detailed solutions)
Below are additional resources that help reinforce the content for this module.