Extend the concept of integration to multivariable functions in rectangular regions. Set up and evaluate double integrals on rectangular regions
In addition to reading Chapter 15.1, watch the following videos.
- Double Integrals Over Rectangles
- Double Integrals and Volume
Notes for the above video.
In addition to your textbook, the following readings provide additional learning resources to help you master the objectives for this section.
- Double Integrals (Paul’s Online MathNotes)
- Iterated Integrals (Paul’s Online Math Notes
- Double Integrals Over Rectangular Regions (mhhe-hoffmann)
- Tips on setting up double integrals, with practice problems
- Fubini’s Theorem
If you need additional help on this section, you should review these.
- Part 1 of Introduction to Double Integration Over Rectangular Regions (Princeton University – Adrian Banner via OpenCourseWare | 24min36s) Note to the students: The entire lecture video is about 2 hours, which covers multiples lessons. This is only the first part of the video, which covers our Lesson 1.1.
Here are worked examples
MyMathLab Homework 1.1.