In this lesson, you will learn about inverse trigonometric functions.
- Review the definitions and properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
- Derive differentiation formulas for the inverse trigonometric functions.
- Evaluate derivatives and integrals involving inverse trigonometric functions.
View all of the following instructional videos. These will help you master the objectives for this module.
- YouTube videos: Inverse Trig Functions
Arcsin: Introduction to the inverse trig function arcsin
Arctan: Understanding the arctan or inverse tangent function
Arccos: Understanding the inverse cosine or arccos function
- YouTube video: Inverse cosecant, secant, and cotangent
- YouTube videos: Inverse Trigonometric Functions – Derivatives
- YouTube videos: Integrals: Inverse Trigonometric Functions
The following required readings cover the content for this module. As you go through each reading, pay close attention to the content that will help you learn the objectives for this module.
Lesson Practice Exercises/Activities
Make your way through each of the practice exercises. This is where you will take what you have learned from the lesson content and lesson readings and apply it by solving practice problems.
Below are additional resources that help reinforce the content for this module.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- The Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Derivatives, Integrals, and Properties of Inverse Trigonometric Functions and Hyperbolic Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions (arcsine function, inverse cosine function, inverse tangent function, other inverse trigonometric function, derivative for inverse trigonometric functions)