In this lesson, you will learn elementary properties of power series.
- Identify the radius and interval of convergence of a power series.
- Use properties of convergent geometric series to construct power series.
- Establish and use properties of convergent power series.
- Establish and use the Term-by-Term Differentiation and Integration property of convergent power series.
View all of the following instructional videos. These will help you master the objectives for this module.
- YouTube videos: Power Series – Radius and Interval of Convergence
- YouTube video: Power series – Finding the Interval of Convergence
- YouTube video: Power Series – Radius of Convergence
- YouTube video: Differentiating and Integrating Power Series
The following required readings cover the content for this module. As you go through each reading, pay close attention to the content that will help you learn the objectives for this module.
- Power Series
- Power Series and Functions
- Power Series and Interval of Convergence
- Power Series (definition, examples, theorem)
- Power Series – More examples
- Radius and Interval of Convergence of Power Series
- Properties of Power Series
Lesson Practice Exercises/Activities
Make your way through each of the practice exercises. This is where you will take what you have learned from the lesson content and lesson readings and apply it by solving practice problems.
Power Series and Radius of Convergence (with solutions)
Below are additional resources that help reinforce the content for this module.